Are you heartbroken by the fact that many beloved pets
land in animal shelters when their families fall on hard times?
We are here to do something about it.
The primary reason people surrender pets to a city shelter is due to financial constraints. Home Dog LA is the intervention program at North Central Shelter in Los Angeles, and we offer community based solutions to local residents to help them and their pets through difficult times.
Often the last thing a pet owner wants to do is to surrender a pet to a shelter, but issues do arise. That's where Home Dog LA comes in to assist in solving issues so that people can keep their pets.
Ways HOME DOG LA helps:
- pet food donations
- providing leashes & collars
- humane euthanasia in the case of old age or terminal illness
- landlord issues
- fence repair & dog houses
- connecting pet owners with free spay/neuter services
- assistance with medical costs for a sick or injured pet (case to case basis)
- helping with owner redemption fees when a pet has landed in the shelter
By keeping pets and families together, HDLA helps impact the problem of overcrowding at North Central Shelter, which gives the animals who need to be there more time to find forever homes.
Zip Codes We Service:
Find us at:
North Central Shelter
3201 Lacy St., Los Angeles, CA 90031
Tuesday through Friday 8AM - 4PM
Saturdays - 10AM - 3PM
Sundays - 11AM - 4PM
Leave us a message: 213-221-4895
Home Dog LA partners with a number of rescues, vets, animal welfare foundations and merchants, building a local network to help keep pets at home, where they're loved and where they belong.